Wednesday 25 March 2020

When this is all over



When this is all over what
Will we remember?
Will it be loo paper and bread flour?
Will it be crowds in the shops?
Will it be social distancing?
Will it be closed churches?
Will it be recovering from a bug?
Will it be disrupted weddings?
Will it be funerals?
Will it be blue sky, sunshine and cold winds?

Will we remember the kindnesses?
Will we remember the press conferences?
Will we remember the empty shelves?
Will we remember the angry posts?
Will we remember only what Facebook reminds us?
Will we remember working from home ?
Will we remember anything?

I will try to remember the kindnesses
I will try to remember the people who smiled when we passed by
I will try to remember the golden days of spring

I will remember who was important
I will remember the health workers
I will remember the delivery drivers
I will remember the supermarkets workers
I will remember the bin men
I will remember the social care workers
I will remember the garage workers
I will remember the council workers

I will remember that footballers did nothing
I will remember that city traders did nothing
I will remember that bankers did nothing
I will remember that the rich and famous did nothing
I will remember that vloggers did nothing

What will we remember, when it comes round to paying our taxes ?
What will we remember, when it comes round to shopping normally?
What will we remember, when it comes round to saying thanks?
What will we do?


No comments: